"old" tuscan red

Wed Apr 3 15:31:40 EDT 2024

Just remember that the color you get made, when sprayed on a model, will
very likely not match what your eyes expect to see.  Your display/layout
room lights probably don't match sunlight lighting very well.  Paint fades.
It's very common to hear it stated that passenger cars are generally all
different shades of red/maroon. Red oxidizes quickly, and it displays in
light and shadow very differently. This car is a great example. It doesn't
matter if it is the "right" or "wrong" color of maroon. It's useful to see
the difference between the color under the awning on the back of the car
compared to the color on the side of the car. I averaged a large section of
the car side, and the car back, to get the color sample at bottom.

My personal model preference leans more toward the lighter color on the
right side. If you get the exact paint formula, I bet you end up with
something closer to the left. Both are "accurate"... under different
lighting conditions.

Mike Rector

[image: image.png]