Air vents

Sat Mar 2 17:29:46 EST 2024

Thanks Jim, for sharing this. I always assumed that air was extracted via the clerestory vents, but I didn’t know how it did so.

Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio

Sent from my mobile

In answer to my own question, and edification of anyone else who might be interested, I am attaching a diagram that shows the workings of the Garland air vent used on many passenger car roofs. I naively thought that the vents would scoop air into the car as the train moved, but as you can see, they actually use the scooped air to pull air from the interior of the car.  Learn something new every day, if you're lucky.
Jim Cochran
<garland.jpg>