station pict

Mon Nov 27 15:51:20 EST 2023

That's another one of the Otto Perry photos in the Denver Public Library's
Digital Collections:

https://digital.denverlibrary.org/digital/collection/p15330coll22/id/65338/r
ec/7

Clicking on the little diagonal arrow symbol in the upper right corner of
the photo expands it to fill your screen. At that size the Lynchburg station
sign can be easily read. The photos in the Perry collection have full
details on the subject and when and where the photo was taken. For this
photo the info is:

Call Number       OP-13832

Credit    Denver Public Library Special Collections, [call number]

Title        N&W train, engine number 126, engine type 4-8-2

Alternate Title    Norfolk & Western train, engine number 126, engine type
4-8-2

Creator Perry, Otto, 1894-1970

Date       1950

Summary             Train #8, passenger train; 7 cars. Photographed:
Lynchburg, Va., June 26, 1950.

Format of Original Material          1 photonegative ; 9 x 14 cm; 1
photoprint : silver gelatin, black and white ; 9 x 14 cm

Original Material Found in Collection       Otto C. Perry memorial
collection of railroad photographs

Type of Material                Film photonegatives; Silver gelatin
photoprints

Subject Locomotives; Railroads--Trains--Pictorial works--1950; Railroad
locomotives--Virginia--Lynchburg; Norfolk and Western Railway Company

Format-Medium               Photograph

Contact Information        Submit questions about research and access to
this material here: https://history.denverlibrary.org/contact-us. For
questions about reproduction and use of this material visit:
https://history.denverlibrary.org/image-pricing-and-sizes.

Digital Reproduction Available for Purchase?        Yes

I note that the eBay ad doesn't credit the Denver Library.

Rob Doorack

Guilford, CT