N&W Car Movement Punch Card

Sat Nov 25 18:11:53 EST 2023

My guess is that it took more than 1 card to complete the info for the movement. Since there was probably a full-time key punch operator (or more), there were boxes of cards to do the job. Each card showed the format for all 3 parts of the info for a movement. Only one part was punched in any card. Punch part one; punch part 2 in the next card, and part 3 in the third card. Start next car. N&W had men as key punch operators because they were supposed to be better than women (cough).

Craig Close   BORHS/C&A Live Steam/FoGFLP/HFRHS

Balimer Merlan

OK: Far West Catonsville