#605 in Circleville, Ohio

Sat Oct 14 17:36:48 EDT 2023

Thanks for the comment, Andre. What struck me about that article was the awareness that it was the last steam run, especially considering this wasn’t a terminal town that was impacted directly about motive power choices.

My assumption (especially considering how much of the article focused on the diesel lease and orders) is that the content was distributed by the railroad. If that’s true, I wonder if the “last steam” context was to show that the railroad was modernizing, or retrospective pride?

Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio