pipe and electric operations

Thu Oct 5 13:16:10 EDT 2023

Jim,
I asked this same question a long time ago. Whiel not your primary
question, the concrete cradles seem to be spare 39 ft rail holders, and
those were specified to be located at each milepost.  They are called Rail
Rests, and the drawing is on Page 43 in the N&W Standards paper book
published by NWHS in the 90's, I believe.

I first noticed the rail rests with a large pipe on them, as well.  Someone
here speculated(?) on this list that these pipes had something to do with
water lines to power stations. I don't know if that was speculation or
accurate info.

[image: image.png]
Mike Rector