shanty

Thu Oct 5 13:01:41 EDT 2023

I'm no expert. But I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express once.
At Boaz and Bonsack, these were described as a phone shanty in Pillars of
Smoke video.
Not sure if that applied in the time of electric, though? (telegraph?)

As an interesting aside, these are ridiculously easy to 3d model/print.

Boaz privy (otherwise known as a "honey hole")
[image: 8b5b2246-5c34-4d77-b09b-af038d72f471.png]

early version - too tall, missing window shutters and incorrect stack
[image: image.png]
Boaz shed
[image: image.png]
Bonsack shed - notice I think the window seems larger than Boaz?
[image: image.png]

Mike Rector