Pillars of Smoke Audio Sync Fixed

Fri Sep 15 09:41:44 EDT 2023

As you all probably know, I released “Pillars of Smoke in the Sky” on DVD several years ago.
It was done with the cooperation and permission of the man who inherited the original film.
I don’t know who the You Tube poster is but it may be the same man as he worked for E. C. Eddy
many years ago. Mr. Eddy had a 16” gauge railroad at his home in northern Michigan and he built
two steam locomotives for his railroad, a 4-8-4 and a Shay. The man who provided the Pillars film to
me has the Shay.

The 4-8-4 was acquired by Howard Schrader who founded the Schrader Catalog of railroad collectibles
Mr. Schrader also worked with Mr. Eddy on his railroad many years ago and he acquired
the 4-8-4 from the Eddy estate. Mr. Schrader arranged for me to produce the Pillars video.

When I began editing the film for DVD, I changed the piano intro and substituted a few sound effects with
N&W sounds from our collection. All are authentic for the locomotives in the video. While Mr. Eddy produced
a fabulous film, some of his sound effects were somewhat garbled. Our DVD does contain all of the scenes
in the original film.

I suspect the You Tube poster of the film is the same man who provided the film to me but I can’t tell that
for sure because his name isn’t shown and it is darn near impossible to contact You Tube posters directly.

To Eli Santin: You have a history of copyright infringements on You Tube. You may be in copyright violation
for your posting of the film if you didn’t get permission from the owner of that film. You Tube takes such
violations seriously. I have had several channels taken down where my videos had been copied and
posted without permission.

Here’s the link to the You Tube preview of our DVD  “Pillars of Smoke in the Sky”:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF-6FKD0pr0

Jim Herron
Herron Rail Video