location - Miles Landing (was Christiansburg Middle Track)

Mon Jul 10 17:01:42 EDT 2023

Craig,

The bridge you reference goes across the New River to what, I believe, was a tie plant. The Miles line departed the main line in West Radford about two miles west of the abandoned bridge and stayed on the south east side of the New River. The abandoned bridge is now being considered for a bike and hiking trail to connect the Herons Landing community and Virginia Tech River Course with Radford and Radford University.

     Ray Smoot