EL rolling stock

Sat Jul 8 12:02:07 EDT 2023

The photo dates from sometime in the summer of 1958, whereas the merger
occurred in 1960. Incidentally the shot was made with my relatively new
Argus C3 (the "brick") camera that I bought in the Army PX during  my
assignment at Ft. Monmouth, NJ, home of the Signal Corps at that time.
Ft Monmouth was on the New York and Long Branch RR, some 47 miles from
NYC, so I tried to get off the Army base as much as possible so that I
could explore NYC as frequently as I could on a Private's pay.  This
activity included the ferry ride across the Hudson into the ???? ferry
terminal shown in the photo.

On another matter, during my nearly two years at Ft. Monmouth I managed
to ride into, or though, all of the stations of the NYC subway system as
best as I could determine from my records of my rides.

Gordon