N&W RR and SV RR Philadelphia Offices (NW Mailing List)

Tue Jul 4 09:53:49 EDT 2023

Thanks for the photo Frank. You don't see too many photos of F. J.
Kimball other than the official company portrait.

I'm not sure where this SV RR Office was located.

This doesn't appear to be the Bullitt Building located on S. Fourth St.

The caption states "offices 'at' the Bullitt Building" vs. 'in' the
Bullitt Building. Based on that wording perhaps this was a neighboring
building. The first and second floor of the Bullitt Building were
constructed entirely of large masonry stones with arched doorways (no
brick).

I'll see if I (or anyone else pls) can locate some SV RR paperwork that
states the physical address of the office in Phila.

John Garner

John Garner wrote: "I have an accounting document from the N&W RR dated
March 1883. The address on the document is 37 and 39 S. Third St.
Philadelphia, PA." ... https://goo.gl/maps/wPmbvrQXovs5MWER9

Attached is a view of the Shenandoah Valley Railroad office in
Phildelphia circa 1890 which appears in Mason Cooper's "N&W'S SHENANDOAH
VALLEY LINE" 1998, PAGE 65.  I am uncertain whether the SV offices were
co-located with the N&W offices at that time.

Best wishes for July 4th,

Frank Scheer
f_scheer at yahoo.com