N&W Shop Codes (Was: Stencil on RS-11 Air Tank)

Wed Jun 21 18:46:12 EDT 2023

Abram,

Regarding your post on air brake testing and stenciling, your thinking
that I might improve on what you wrote is a rare mistake on your part.
Although I worked as a supervisor in both the Shaffers Crossing
Locomotive Roundhouse and the Shaffers Crossing Freight Car Repair
Track, I did not appreciate the need to remember the details that you
obviously did, and even if tried I could not have remembered them as you
did.  At least I enjoyed seeing many familiar terms from years ago in
your post, but I have nothing to add to your excellent account.

Gordon Hamilton