Small towns and railroads

Wed May 31 13:50:32 EDT 2023

Richard Hood,
West Dorset,
England
Over here before the invention of railways, unless you were rich (coach and
horses) or in the military, no body travelled  more than 20 miles from
their home village. By 1850 not only could you travel all over the country,
but people moved too cities from the country as the industrial revolution
provided good jobs.