utility pole question

Thu May 4 12:26:12 EDT 2023

Can anyone help me understand this utility pole configuration?

1. What is the purpose of the topmost wire and N&W-ubiquitous bracket?
(Western Union?) Did other railroads use this - I don't think I've seen
anywhere but N&W?
2. What is the bracket below the top of the pole used for?
3. What are the pieces on the outside edge of the lower crossarm? Is that a
wire crossover?  I would like to see a better picture if anyone has one so
that I can model it, or if you can provide a name so I can look it up.

Thanks
Mike Rector

[image: image.png]