Rail Weight - 155 lb rail

Wed Apr 12 00:18:41 EDT 2023

I don't know about the Buchanan Branch but I do know there was a stretch of
155 pm the Kenova District near Webb.  Big stuff - you had to be aware when
you needed to step over it.  I remember working on the Sperry rail test car
and it flagged the bent stock rail in the
west switch at Webb.  Since the Burro crane following us had no 155 rails
on his push car they had to go find one and also the hydraulic mechanism
that had to be used to get  the proper little sharp bend in the stock
rail.  They got it all done without delaying any trains - iy esd in the
westbound main.
Never did see a Roadmaster so close to crying  . . .
Ed King