Air Start C630

Tue Apr 11 12:25:20 EDT 2023

On 4/10/2023 4:13 PM, NW Mailing List wrote:

> Sometime I should write a little essay of memories on why nobody liked
> the Alcos, starting with the RS-11s.

Abe,
Not everyone disliked the ALCOs. Me being one. Granted they were at the
end of their lives, but, there were problems with all of the different
manufacturers locomotives. Unlike the POS GE's, at least the RS-11s
would load up quickly, better than any EMD! I have been told that the
only unit that would load up faster than an ALCO was the FM Train
Masters (the one unit I never got the chance to run)!

Jimmy Lisle