Air Start C630

Tue Apr 11 11:07:35 EDT 2023

I’d like that (recollections of coal-burning diesels). I have a friend in Portsmouth that operated the Circleville job in the 1970’s. He’d occasionally get an Alco and hated them - they took too long to load, which slowed down switching and made it less predictable. The man on the ground would keep prodding him to come ahead, and he’d respond with something to the effect of “I’m trying!". He admitted that they were on their last legs by that time, which didn’t help matters…

Matt