Track rail weight

Sun Apr 9 17:51:42 EDT 2023

 Mike
Code 100 is only good for one section of the PRR with most of the railroads, even today use the 132 lb rail.
Larry Smith

 I'm getting ready to start building some dioramas and I need to order model track. Is there a specific rail weight that N&W use for the mainline in the 50's?I get the impression that Code 83 is more appropriate for today, and Code 100 is better for steam era? Is this accurate?
Ho Scale Code 83 is equivalent to 132 lb railHo Scale Code 100 is equivalent to 156 lb rail