Boaz Siding

Tue Mar 14 22:20:19 EDT 2023

Mike,

Here are two images showing Boaz today. These views show the culvert (at
the east end of the former siding) that you refer to. The culvert and
it's handrail on the south side are about all that is left of Boaz. Even
the grade for the siding itself seems to have shrunk in width over the
years.

A terrific resource for getting the lay of the land back in steam days
can be found in an article by Jim Shaughnessy in the Spring 1975 issue
of Railfan Vol.1 No.2.

'Norfolk and Western, Steam's Last Stand' by Mallory Hope Ferrell is
another valuable Boaz resource.

Hope this helps.

Pls update us as the diorama progresses. A great idea. You could try to
re-create Link's classic night shot "Honey Hole' in HO.

John Garner, Newport VA

Does anyone have images or info about Boaz siding that they are willing
to share that may help me model it in HO?    I am particularly
interested in the length of the siding.  Placement of the buildings
(sheds), and where the turnouts are located beyond (east) of the shed.
I also want to know about a culvert that I believe was located right
where the crossover connected to the siding turnout.  I will need to
model that, but don't know what to make it look like.

Mike Rector