Line under the number

Tue Mar 7 06:47:47 EST 2023

Mike,None, repeat, none of the draft gears will automatically center themselves like your Kadees!It is much more complicated that and I am not trained in the mechanical aspect of how it all works in order to explain it to you. I just know that I have had to straighten out MANY a draft gear in order to make a coupling!!!Jimmy LisleSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: NW Mailing List via NW-Mailing-List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org> Date: 3/7/23  6:23 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: NW Mailing List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org> Cc: NW Mailing List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org> Subject: Line under the number
Thank you for the answer to my question. One further thing. Is another way of saying it that the coupler doesn’t automatically center itself?  Do some draft gear have what I have to call a centering spring?  Like a Kadee?  And if a train backs into a car with its coupler off center bad things happen?Okay you got me…I don’t know everything about trains…yet. Mike Shockley