Virginia & Tennessee RR - 1874 Map

Mon Feb 13 22:04:41 EST 2023

On Mon, Feb 13, 2023 at 12:17 PM abram wrote:

> I am a sucker for old railroad maps, so this 1874 Asher & Adams map of
> Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington City, showing railroads, set
> off my Tilt Light.
>
> The attached PDF file consists of six images lifted from the map, covering
> the Virginia & Tennessee RR et al,  between Bristol and Norfolk, all edited
> in Photoshop and compiled into one complete image, with bibliography.

See https://nwhistory.info/articles/SWVA.php for a travelogue from 1855. It
is a series of stories from the *Daily Dispatch*, a Richmond newspaper,
covering the trip of seventeen members of the Richmond Board of Trade who
were invited by the Virginia and Tennessee Railroad to travel along the
rail line to both view the railroad and to see the country that it passed
through.

Bruno in Swartzstadt
[Bruce in Blacksburg]