Class A sheathed smokebox.

Sun Feb 5 03:45:20 EST 2023

John,

Thank you for your additional photos!  I am currently in Japan on business, but when I return I plan on ordering copies of the four photos received.  As a teenager in 1965, I spent some time in Smiths Falls, ONT hanging around the yard there.  I was able to enjoy an afternoon in the cab of a steam switcher shunting cars around the yard.  It was interesting that they could just throw the engine into reverse without coming to a full stop; the freight car(s) continuing on down the siding.  Conversations did not include any favorable comments regarding diesels!

Vic Chudoba