1859 Virginia Map

Wed Jun 8 16:55:31 EDT 2022

This is nice, Abram (or is it Abrma now?). Thanks for taking the time to make it a more manageable file. Not bad for a turnip farmer!

Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio

Sent from my mobile

Studying good maps is a very heuristic enterprise for one who wishes to figure out railroads.

Here is an 1859 map of Virginia (which, because of its date, also includes what is now called West Virginia.)  It is the Boye and Buchholtz map of 1859, now held by the Library of Congress.  As I downloaded the file, the image was 95 X 62 inches at 300 ppi, file size 1.5 Gigabytes.  After editing, it was crunched down to a manageable 20 X 13 inches at 300 dpi, file size 8.5 megs.

I put the file up on Google Drive, and you may get it at this link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18WXVLSdRKv-7TfQrz2ZB3q_uQv8GLPr2/view?usp=sharing

If you would rather deal with the Library of Congress yourself, and do your own editing, go here:

https://www.loc.gov/resource/g3880.ct001518/?r=0.246,0.524,0.083,0.034,0

-- abrma burnett
Purveyor of Organic Fermented Turnip Juice, Sold in Fruit Jars