Fwd: Eggcellent Adventure at VMT

Mon Mar 28 21:48:52 EDT 2022

Please spread the word.
Norris

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Virginia Museum of Transportation <mflynn at vmt.org>
Date: March 28, 2022 at 6:59:53 AM EDT
To: railcow at msn.com
Subject: Eggcellent Adventure at VMT

Upcoming Special Events and Summer Camps
[https://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?ca=f3d24146-8c62-42f4-be34-4df5b8f5adbd&a=1102633925803&c=fab83fd0-4c15-11e3-9879-d4ae5275b1a5&ch=fba29fd0-4c15-11e3-9886-d4ae5275b1a5]

[https://files.constantcontact.com/bac7a1ab001/233188af-5b1a-4d44-ac04-6c27ce7fc238.jpg?rdr=true]

[https://files.constantcontact.com/bac7a1ab001/586bddf3-ffe0-46ca-865b-3b94c5169e9d.png?rdr=true]
Click here to purchase tickets and receive a discount for pre-purchasing Tickets<https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001AZb6NrFEgQ4poLL8Mjuh5XQwPcjuMYfTTH0fOCsZAcqt0SOm4jMsbZHp21zprnC1eXZnSoxQMEjesnuyrxmnuuAgEXn6Y-2fGfPreuxYpn3x9duvZae6aIqy0bDU6994GrmuHpOr3jwwpj9gX2TdVK0w_NE3no4_UuBexMA2ue-pnOB8nIXU0mcWdsUyyZ8ES3Irqka9JllmIoI4Y3zLMThJyFA85cEfYhMTVswxtI5SfxCDQz-ve9rWc36mPFtv&c=CdKcPa5UURMpVknGGbISmDQ2fKn-uMD-yjucVBY4vIhqxkj_jW_5zg==&ch=MtYAhUdhTSw424MKIKo0C0P-c3niuFmqIpBOA1nHsgqVL2maqvi2ww==>.

[https://files.constantcontact.com/bac7a1ab001/3f894087-2791-4fae-854f-07deb4c8d19d.png?rdr=true]

NEW ADMISSION RATES
Due to the rising costs of everything in the world today, we have incurred a slight increase in our admission rates.

Free - VMT Museum Members

Free - Kids (Ages 0 - 2)

$ 8 - Kids (Ages 3 - 12)

$10 - Youth (Ages 13 - 17)

$10 - Students (with ID)

$12 - Adults (Ages 18 - 59)

$10 - Seniors (Ages 60+)
If you visit often, annual membership is the most economical way to go!

$ 30 - Individual (one adult)

$ 40 - Joint (two adults or one adult &
one child)

$ 60 - Family (two adults & up to four
children/grandchildren)

$100 - Extended Family (four adults & up
to six children/grandchildren)

More info at Membership<https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001AZb6NrFEgQ4poLL8Mjuh5XQwPcjuMYfTTH0fOCsZAcqt0SOm4jMsbZHp21zprnC1D9QZE-WGA9kcwlYCbblLGAYVXkkuNjDbfxowM_iFP9KYpGsQ6Fda4XBgiczVtsh5JQWCtW8TePp9c2uxelqGg05if_x-qrGr9giBp0CjHj8TrtKWm32GvPp54kdlSv81Jvj8Fsmt_O9GzOIVYEGhwA==&c=CdKcPa5UURMpVknGGbISmDQ2fKn-uMD-yjucVBY4vIhqxkj_jW_5zg==&ch=MtYAhUdhTSw424MKIKo0C0P-c3niuFmqIpBOA1nHsgqVL2maqvi2ww==> or
540.342.5670
membership at vmt.org

[https://files.constantcontact.com/bac7a1ab001/700f9dbb-b47c-40a3-bc05-31c7bfbe1651.png?rdr=true]

We are currently sold out of the wooden 611 Trains but more are on the way! If you would like to purchase one, keep checking back. We will post on social media as soon as they are in.
[https://files.constantcontact.com/bac7a1ab001/864221be-f3c3-483d-aeaf-c1c6ce22f841.jpg?rdr=true]

MEET OUR NEW STAFF
Mendy Flynn
Nicole Blackburn

Jennifer Lord
Callie Clements
Brittany Byram
Kim Corpening
Kayla Nichols
Autumn Bergen
Zach Moran
Jo Robinson
. . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Executive Director
Executive Assistant &
Member/Donor Relations
Guest Services Manager
Education Coordinator
Events & Rental Coordinator
Finance Manager
Retail Manager
Collections Intern
Facilities Manager
Maintenance Technician

[https://files.constantcontact.com/bac7a1ab001/cf8fd1cd-9ee5-4982-a033-80124c200e03.jpg?rdr=true]

Virginia Museum of Transportation Names New Executive Director

ROANOKE, Virginia (March 17, 2022) — The Virginia Museum of Transportation, Inc.’s Board of Directors announced today the appointment of Mendy Flynn as the Museum’s new executive director.
Flynn is experienced in administration and nonprofit management, having worked for both local non-profit and for-profit organizations during the past 35 years. She came to the Museum in September 2015 to work with Bev Fitzpatrick. Flynn started working in member and donor relations, then later added to her plate special events, rentals, community engagement, and human resources, amongst other responsibilities. She has served as deputy director since 2021 following the retirement of former deputy director, Don Moser in December 2020, and the departure of former executive director Christine Williams in June 2021.

Flynn hit the ground running in her previous role of deputy director, initiating a multitude of facility improvements, staffing reassignments, COVID mitigation, and securing of important grants.

“Over the past several months we have witnessed a flurry of positive activity and important accomplishments which cemented the Board’s confidence and support for Mendy. She has a deep love for the Museum and its collections, and it shows. Her innovative style and out of the box thinking are already paying dividends, along with her compassion, drive, and team building abilities. She has a keen sense of what the Museum can and should be to its members and visitors alike. One of her favorite quotes is one from Industrialist Henry J. Kaiser “Problems are only opportunities wearing work clothes”. It represents her personal desire to work hands on to assist both Board and membership with ensuring the Museum’s future. The Board is looking forward to working even more closely with Mendy, and is excited about the future of the Virginia Museum of Transportation with her at the helm.”—William H. Harris, President.

According to Flynn, her first priority is to provide the best possible experience for visitors of all ages.  “My goal is to continue moving the Museum forward by enhancing exhibits and programs to provide educational opportunities in an interactive way that engages visitors of all ages and socio-economic backgrounds.  The main objective is to educate the public on transportation past and present … it’s diversity, it’s role in our everyday lives and industry, as well as technology and innovation. So many people have emotional connections to exhibits in the Museum that they’re not aware of until they are standing in front of it –a family member who worked for the railroad, was a pilot or worked in aviation, or a loved one who drove a car like one in our automotive gallery. Emotional engagement is strong and can evolve into further interest in these areas. I’m greatly looking forward to increasing the Museum’s educational programs for both children and adults. Transportation and transportation-based technologies have contributed immeasurably to our lives in the Commonwealth.”

“Additionally, by utilizing the Museum as a venue for entertainment and rental opportunities, we want to attract people who may not ordinarily plan to visit, but through attendance at a concert or company party, they will be exposed to the Museum’s offerings and plan a return trip. We want the same for children and teachers who visit the Museum with a school field trip. It’s our pleasure to give students who attend field trips complimentary admission passes so they can return with their families.” said Flynn.

The Museum receives visitors from across the nation and from around the world, Wednesday through Sunday.

Flynn is a native of Salem and a graduate of Salem High School. She attended Radford University and Longwood University.

Mark Your Calendar
Apr 16 - Eggcellent Adventure at VMT
Food by The Tailgate and Delicia's Gourmet Ice

May 8 - Mom's Free Day (with a paid admission)

May 14 - Spring Fling Vendor Show
Music by Hoppie Vaughan & The Ministers of Soul
Food by Dale's Diner

May 26 - Celebrate Transportation in Virginia Day

May 28 - Music by the Tracks Series
Music by Seph Custer and The Flatbreaks
Food by Dirty Water Dogs
Don't miss our special events at VMT! More info at Events<https://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001AZb6NrFEgQ4poLL8Mjuh5XQwPcjuMYfTTH0fOCsZAcqt0SOm4jMsbUDbq7JFIlG8ZtAF13-F174FyGnrgLrYcTrsL1Kvnl2IuPjMtTXaLbJlcwCDLMVgwID4BfF1z4rkffT5PMJ4e6lwW87fBFzowcpzIwi9dEAIQ-4l9P5xaJtlETmpgNS9fH3DC3FddpIFCvxNAvCEosE=&c=CdKcPa5UURMpVknGGbISmDQ2fKn-uMD-yjucVBY4vIhqxkj_jW_5zg==&ch=MtYAhUdhTSw424MKIKo0C0P-c3niuFmqIpBOA1nHsgqVL2maqvi2ww==>.

Two Ways You Can Give to VMT
Just By Shopping

[https://files.constantcontact.com/bac7a1ab001/4dd80d56-084a-4024-a2e6-fe3327e0d7a6.png?rdr=true]

Kroger Community Rewards Program

The Virginia Museum of Transportation is enrolled in the Kroger Community Rewards Program.
To participate:
Please visit http://www.kroger.com. Once logged into your Kroger account you can search for VA Museum of Transportation, Inc. either by name or UE080 and then click Enroll. New users will need to create an account which requires some basic information, a valid email address and a rewards card.
*Must have a registered Kroger rewards card account to link to organization.
*If you do not have a Kroger rewards card, they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger.

[https://files.constantcontact.com/bac7a1ab001/6cc6a7f6-2976-42f2-8a56-f50a06babd24.png?rdr=true]

If you already shop on Amazon, you can help us make progress everyday by choosing the Virginia Museum of Transportation as your charity of choice on Amazon Smile. When you choose us, 0.5%
of eligible sales will help purchase materials, professional services, and other items needed for our organization.

[https://files.constantcontact.com/bac7a1ab001/c321923d-d2ba-4428-afd0-bf555e402712.jpg?rdr=true]

Virginia Museum of Transportation | 303 Norfolk Ave, Roanoke, VA 24016
Unsubscribe railcow at msn.com<https://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&m=001p4BOC8hQUQIcAnswPCUNaw%3D&ch=fba29fd0-4c15-11e3-9886-d4ae5275b1a5&ca=f3d24146-8c62-42f4-be34-4df5b8f5adbd>
Update Profile<https://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&m=001p4BOC8hQUQIcAnswPCUNaw%3D&ch=fba29fd0-4c15-11e3-9886-d4ae5275b1a5&ca=f3d24146-8c62-42f4-be34-4df5b8f5adbd> | Constant Contact Data Notice<https://www.constantcontact.com/legal/customer-contact-data-notice>
Sent by mflynn at vmt.org<mailto:mflynn at vmt.org> powered by
[Trusted Email from Constant Contact - Try it FREE today.] <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF21_3GE&pn=ROVING&nav=f3d24146-8c62-42f4-be34-4df5b8f5adbd>
Try email marketing for free today!<http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=nge&rmc=VF21_3GE&pn=ROVING&nav=f3d24146-8c62-42f4-be34-4df5b8f5adbd>