Norfolk: Railroad Photos ca. 1960

Mon Mar 14 11:48:27 EDT 2022

.  Mr. Bundy tells me that such information is proprietary to folks who live in Bonsack, and since I have not paid my Bonsack taxes he cannot enlighten me.
  Abe:I wasn't aware that cab signals had been used at Lamberts Point, butwas still studying Railroad 101 in the 1950s.  Lamberts Point did servicelocomotives with cab signals.  There were three (maybe four) N&W streamlined K's equipped with cab signals (N&W 123 was one of them).These engines handled Nos. 21-22 (The Cannonball) between Richmondand Norfolk over the cab-signaled ACL Richmond-Petersburg.  Not surewhether or not they received a cab signal test during the Lamberts Pointlayover.  After Nos. 21 and 22 were combined with Nos. 15 and 16 betweenPetersburg and Norfolk,  the cab-signaled engines didn't operate east ofPetersburg.                         HWBundy