UPDATE *** Ed King Book ***

Fri Jan 7 20:00:40 EST 2022

*"$50 for a novel is quite steep."*

1. True, but we are not buying a Michael Connelly "*Harry Bosch"* book.  We
are a small special interest group, and these won't be a run of 25,000
copies
2. It's written by Ed Freakin* King... perhaps the author by which all
other N&W books are judged.
If Ed King writes a book, I am buying it based on "*The A: Norfolk &
Western's Mercedes of Steam" *alone. (his previous articles in *The Arrow*
seal the deal)
*all due respect intended, sir
3. If Ed writes a book about N&W ballast, I will probably buy it.
4. "*The A*" cost $49.95 (best guess) in 1991 when released.  That's $100
when inflation is considered

Mike Rector