Caboose question

Fri Nov 26 16:32:09 EST 2021

James,

You can't beat personal experience of someone like Jimmy Lisle, but for
the more mundane info I am attaching a copy of a caboose sheet from the
NS Equipment Guide dated January 1, 1984.  I have drawn red lines below
the two rows of data for the two cabooses so you can compare them.  I
hope you can read this copy!

One apparent inconsistency that I noted was that the footnote references
under "Remarks" for the C31 did not include (3) Stove. I wonder how they
were heated without a stove.

The archives has a bill of material for the C31P truck (Hol-00125.25)
and an arrangement drawing (NW-E25068) of the C31P truck showing the
leaf springs that Jimmy mentioned.  Possibly someone else knows of
additional info on the trucks on these classes of caboose.

Gordon Hamilton