EARLY N&W COAL HOPPERS AT VMT

Sun Oct 31 07:46:06 EDT 2021

Thank Jim,

That’s good info to know.

Phil Miller

Sent: Saturday, October 30, 2021 1:13 PM
To: NW Mailing List via NW-Mailing-List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org>
Subject: Re: EARLY N&W COAL HOPPERS AT VMT

Numbers on trucks are probably meaningless, as H1's were rebuilt HP's and got new number series in rebuilding. Later, they went into MofW service as cinder loading cars, which is probably why these ones survived.

Jim Nichols

Good morning,

I’ve been looking at photos I took of the three early N&W coal cars at the Virginia Museum of Transportation, that were rescued from the “Lost Locos of Roanoke” scrap yard.

Has anyone determined what car numbers those hoppers were? I’ve looked at numbers on the trucks, but I’m not sure those correspond to the car numbers. I think they’re H1 hoppers.

Thanks,

Phil Miller