BOOKS ABOUT STEAM

Sat Oct 16 15:09:08 EDT 2021

Thanks for prompting this topic, Phil.

I received my copy of “The Steam Locomotive Energy Story” about a month ago and finished reading it about two weeks ago. I am lucky enough to have access to (and / or have read) many of the references the author cites, and can say with conviction that he has done a great job of compiling that source information into one place AND in a form that presents the important items in readable manner, yet with enough detail to make you think.

As Phil said, it’s a good pairing with Karen Parker’s book - and it may inspire you to find some of the out-of-print references for a really dense, deep dive.

Purchasing a copy is a great way to support the Society.

Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio, US