NWHS 2022 Convention

Wed Sep 29 08:27:12 EDT 2021

As we've had a few inquiries we thought that we should let you all know our
plans for a convention in 2022.  Yes, we've taken our plans for the 2020
and 2021 conventions and "rolled them over" again, for a third attempt to
have our first convention in Cleveland, Ohio.  We have booked the Holiday
Inn, Independence, Ohio (approximately 20 minutes south of downtown
Cleveland)for June 2-5, 2022.  Our plans still include a tour day, when we
will go to the Age Of Steam Roundhouse/Museum in Sugarcreek and the Warther
Museum in Dover. We have also planned for the usual slate of
clinics/seminars, a banquet, a banquet speaker, and the model contest.
With the cooperation of the hotel and the bus line it looks like we can
keep the same prices that we had planned for in 2020.

The emphasis for this convention will be the post-1964 Norfolk & Western.
We are trying to include some information on railroads that were folded
into the N&W and have invited participation by the NKP Society and the
Wabash Society, as well as fans of the P&WV and the AC&Y.  Yes, there will
be a meeting of the Virginian Interest Group.

Details including registration and scheduling will follow as soon as we can
get as much as possible firmed up.  We just wanted to tell you what we have
planned.  Of course if we have learned anything the past twenty months it
is that we have to be ready for radical and rapid change.  We will post any
significant changes promptly.

Frank Bongiovanni