Ford Parts

Thu Sep 16 20:19:37 EDT 2021

I once saw several box cars on the end of the Arrow at Christiansburg on a Sunday evening about 1967. I suspect  they were for the Ford plant. I was surprised by the box cars, as well as a train of about 7 passenger cars.

    Ray Smoot

Sent from my iPad

Harry

I have seen a special train with two units perhaps 3 cars and a caboose passing the station headed to the Ford plant .  I would guess that was more power than necessary.  Must have been insurance for a potential mechanical power break down on a hot train. That train could make Norfolk in less time than the Arrow.

Jim Blackstock