Louis Newton

Tue Aug 17 11:01:57 EDT 2021

I would like to share a few Louis Newton memories.  In 1999, at the Roanoke Convention, he was in our tour group at the Roanoke Shops.  When he motioned and said, "The A's came down through here" a chill went up my spine.  It was hallowed ground.He allowed someone to take a picture of the two of us at the 2014 Roanoke Convention at the newly refurbished Virginian Depot.He was the dignitary on the 611 excursion trip I was on in July 4, 2015.  It has already been said that he was a gentleman's gentleman.  Words cannot express his dignity, the love of the N&W, and his contributions to our knowledge.  I am grateful for all of this.
Mike Shockley