RD and other Pocahontas Towers

Sat Aug 14 12:21:14 EDT 2021

Pages 240-241 of Alex Schust's "The Norfolk And Western In West
Virginia 1881-1959" describe and show a picture of RD Tower, on the
east end of Bluefield Yard. What isn't clear to me is if it controlled
only the east end of the yard or both ends? If RD only controlled the
east end of the yard, was there another tower that controlled the west
end, perhaps Graham/RQ?
While we're on the subject, how many towers were there on the N&W
main, particularly between Bluefield and Kenova? I know there was SU
tower at Bluestone Junction, TUG at Welch, DY at Iaeger, and KX at
Kenova. I believe the Devon depot contained the controls for the
Buchanan Branch. Are there any others? I've tried browsing the online
Archives, but haven't had much success, maybe using the wrong search
terms.
Thank youMarty Flick