Jawn Henry sound

Sat Aug 7 11:51:28 EDT 2021

I heard and saw Jawn Henry one time. My father and grandfather had a trucking company based in Lynchburg and as a teen sometimes I went on trips to help. We were unloading a truckload of tile at J. J. Hanes tile company on Norfolk Ave. and I heard the whistle of an approaching westbound. I went to the street and there it was, running light! I thought it had been pushing on Blue Ridge grade. The sound was just a steady swoosh as I recall. The big impact for me though was the sight of the monster.  I’m sure others can describe more. Aubrey Wiley

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS

I lost my print out of the post about how to set a decoder to simulate
the sound of Jawn.  If anyone has information on this, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Kurt Kramke