Pulaski Anthracite Tipple at Parrott ... ?

Sun May 23 08:27:39 EDT 2021

Papa Abram; thank you so much.  Working on a presentation about the Pokey
Roads' motive power, we ran across the only 2-6-2 which is also the only
camelback on all three railroads.  Pursuing this we learned that there was
a small  pocket of anthracite in western Virginia, served by a few mines on
the Virginian and the Norfolk & Western.  There is a view of what looks
like a "breaker" on the CoalCampUSA site.  The little bit we've been able
to find out about the area is very interesting, and we'd like to learn
more.  You might find it interesting to go to Google Maps and look for
McCoy, Virginia.

Of course we've been encouraging (OK, nagging)the guys from that area to
host an NWHS convention some year.  We've even offered to help.

Frank Bongiovanni