N&W J611 Movement Info From Spencer to Strasburg Starts 5-14-2021

Mon May 10 19:20:47 EDT 2021

Subject: N&W J611 Movement Info
Greetings,
I have seen a lot of emails regarding the upcoming movement of the N&W J611 from Spencer, NC to the Strasburg Railroad in PA. One thing that I have not seen is a notice from NS, the VMT or the Strasburg Railroad prohibiting the release of the route that the 611 will take. I have heard arguments to let the regular public, that may want to see the historic steam locomotive, stay out of the loop. Only seasoned railfans should be informed. The arguments are that the new inexperienced railfans will trespass on railroad property and some crowds and/or individuals will be injured or even worse killed by the train. Could the real reason be that some seasoned railfans don't want to share their photo locations or lose their bragging rights regarding the fact that they got to see the 611 or take that fantastic photo?
I'm going to make a suggestion. If you are a seasoned railfan and see a novice railfan doing something dangerous or illegal warn them of the danger. Give them pointers just like someone took the time to give you when you were a novice train watcher or chaser. Help our love for trains grow for future generations to enjoy. Just my two cents worth.
All aboard!
Norris

NS diesel equipped with cab signals with the 611 behind it.
Tentative Schedule: Times are subject to change if NS see fit. My past experience is that the times are not always chiseled in stone. WARNING: DO NOT TRESPASS ON ANY RAILROAD PROPERTY! SAFETY FIRST!
5/14      9:00 AM Depart Spencer
5/15      9:00 AM Depart Manassas
5/16      9:00 AM Depart Enola
Train will stop at Danville, VA for 30 mins. to water VMTX 611 at Lynn Street Crossing MP 235.9.
No other stops planned. VMTX 611 to be watered upon arrival at Manassas and Enola.
NS crew to deliver train to Leaman Place for interchange to Strasburg Railroad.

Norris Deyerle