Glass Insulators on the N&W

Wed May 5 08:55:18 EDT 2021

Abe

The attached is a list of glass insulators found on the N&W and VGN.
The list is by no means a complete list of all insulators used by the
N&W and VGN.  It is a list of insulators found by local collectors. Any
additions will be appreciated. The list is posted from a spread sheet.
Hope it is readable in the post.

Jim Blackstock

Road 	CD 	MFG. 	Style 	Color 	Notes 	Where found
VGN 	107 	Armstrong 	9

	Roanoke area
N&W 	145 	B	44

	Common at various locations
N&W 	145 	Brookfield 	none
	Crown Embossed 	Common at various locations
N&W 	152 	Brookfield 	48

	Common at various locations
VGN 	162 	Brookfield 	36

	Common at various locations
VGN 	162 	Brookfield 	36
	Small dome	Roanoke area
N&W 	145 	Hemingray 	21

	Common at various locations
N&W 	147 	Hemingray 	none 	G
	Blue Ridge
N&W 	152 	Hemingray 	40

	Common at various locations
N&W 	152 	Hemingray 	40 	G 	[080] w/iron wire 	Crystal Hill Durham Line
N&W 	154 	Hemingray 	42

	Common at various locations
VGN 	154 	Hemingray 	42

	Common at various locations
N&W 	155 	Hemingray 	45

	Common at various locations
VGN 	155 	Hemingray 	45

	Common at various locations
VGN 	162 	Hemingray 	19

	Common at various locations
N&W 	164 	Hemingray 	20

	Boones Mill area
N&W 	214 	Hemingray 	43

	Boones Mill area
N&W 	281 	Hemingray 	281 	G
	Roanoke shops
N&W 	145 	HGCO 	none

	Common at various locations
VGN 	154 	Lynchburg 	44

N&W
	Lynchburg

	Shenandoah Div
N&W 	145 	Star 	none

	Boones Mill area
N&W 	154 	Whitall Tatum 	1

	Common at various locations
VGN 	154 	Whitall Tatum 	1 	P

N&W 	155 	Whitall Tatum 	1

	Common at various locations
VGN 	162 	Whitall Tatum 	4

	Common at various locations
VGN 	216 	Armstrong
	RBA
	Two found on pole at Roanoke Yard Office
VGN 	251 	Lynchburg 	1

	used on the power feeds on the catenary. After removed used at other
points. One found at Abilene in 1976.