Arrow No. 37-2 On The Way

Thu Apr 29 08:36:18 EDT 2021

/RANT ON
Ken has already pointed out the extremely high cost of producing either of these formats.  It is also true that people routinely share digital editions of various historical society publications with large groups of people.  I am sure they think this is a GOOD THING, but it removes the incentive for people to actually support these small organizations through membership or donations and they SUFFER FINANCIALLY as a result.   Why pay for anything you can somehow get for free??

How many would pay for an across the board dues increase to cover the actual cost of providing these products?   How many people appreciate that digital storage technology evolves at a rapid rate and that IF you had your personal collection of Arrow mags as digital only, you would have to refresh the media at a cost of maybe a hundred dollars or more.

Everyone who is willing to put their money up instead of expecting the society to rob someone else, raise your hand.  BETTER YET, go recruit more members.   Point out to them NOT EVERYTHING can be found on the open internet.
/RANT OFF

Jim Stapleton

I would like the Arrow to go along with most other rail publications and provide both to all

Larry Evans

Sent from my iPhone