Speaking of "Holes"

Sun Mar 7 21:06:00 EST 2021

Speaking of "holes", this story was related to me by former engineer G.E."Eddie" Talbert.Eddie said many years ago there was a problem with trains breaking knuckles around Port Republic. He said that you could stand at the station at Grottoes looking north and that you would lose sight of a train between there and Port Republic. That was how deep the "hole" was between the two towns. Eventually, the company decided to fill the depression and raise the track in order to help train handling. There is still a dip there, but, not so deep as described to me.Jimmy LisleSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone