Boaz Today and Yesterday

Sat Mar 6 15:51:52 EST 2021

John,

I'll add my thanks for the Boaz photos.  Several years ago I determined
the location of Boaz siding from some old documents, went there and
climbed up to get a right-of-way view of its former location as shown in
your attached photo.  Your photo rekindled my memory of the view I had
looking west.

Incidentally, in 1956 I rode the cab of Jawn Henry from the Shaffers
Crossing roundhouse, passing by Boaz siding  on our way to push a coal
train up over Blue Ridge.  Don't ask me if Big Jawn completed the push
without breaking down!

Gordon Hamilton