Books

Sat Mar 6 10:20:31 EST 2021

I received my two copies of the N&W Pocahontas Division. It is a massive book and so beautifully done.
Full of history of the heart of the Norfolk & Western. Will make for some fine reading and learning.
I hope others will follow in getting this book sold out to help with future book releases.
I also got my pre-order Memoirs of an Appalachian Railroad Man book.
if you are not familiar with Ed King's writings, then you don't know what you are missing.
If you are familiar with Mr. Kings writings, then what is holding you back from ordering his book?
It's amazing the time and effort that goes into any project the society does, from the archives to publications on any scale.
We are so fortunate to have such a society and a railroad that has preserved so much of its history.
So much gets tossed into the trash year after year. I know you can't save everything, but I am sure there are railroads that there history had been discarded long before someone thought to save it, only to be lost in time now.
Many thanks to all involved in the NWHS past, present and future for making the NWHS what it is today.
AWESOME!!!

Jeff Wood