EBT decal on NS Hopper!

Thu Mar 4 17:47:54 EST 2021

 You will note the foundation under the logo.
Larry Smith FEBT member

  Attention EBT Fans! Thanks to Blue Ridge Chapter, NRHS member {"Hawk Eye"} Lee "Railhawk" Hawkins for shooting this photo as a NS hopper number 202264 passed through Lynchburg, Va. on Thursday at 11:16 AM March 4, 2021. Applied to its side just behind the NS logo appeared a EBT logo. Was this a present to his previous employer NS from Wick Moorman? Many of you know Wick Moorman is a past chairman, president and CEO of Norfolk Southern Railway. Over the years the things that I have heard about him have been positive and very complimentary. His latest venture is as President of the EBT Foundation. East Broad Top Railroad is located in Rockhill Furnace, Huntingdon County, Pa. has a new owner (The EBT Foundation) EBT plans to resume regular operation in 2021!See a story about the EBT plans for 2021 in another email. Boy is this exciting news! Thinking about the future of EBT Railroad reminds me of the sign when you enter Gretna, Va. The sign has its town slogan, "It ain't no big thing but it's growing!"Norris
Norris Deyerle
Blue Ridge Chapter, National Railway Historical Society Chairman of Virginia's Rail Heritage Region Partners

Info:www.blueridgenrhs.org

744 Chinook Place

Lynchburg, Virginia 24502-4908