Senior Memories

Mon Jan 11 18:24:22 EST 2021

This is another installation in the need for seniors' memories of
interesting historical events to be recorded before these seniors pass
on.  I certainly am in the senior group, but most of my work with the
N&W is not of historical interest, but here is something that may be
humorous, if not historical.

For several years I worked in the N&W Motive Power Department
headquarters building in Roanoke.  The blueprint room on the fourth
floor (the "attic") where the drawings were printed and other documents
prepared had a "guillotine" paper cutter like the one shown.

Someone had taped the message below on its table. --Gordon Hamilton

*When finished please lower the blade.*

*Thanks,*

*Four Finger Fred*