Air Brake Condensate

Tue Dec 29 15:22:42 EST 2020

Abram,

I also thank you for enlightenment on the subject.  I was glad to read the
alcohol was of the non consumption variety.  If it was the better flavor,
there would have been a lot of frozen brake lines and incoherent
brake/signal men in the winter.  I am sorry to say I do not remember seeing
the special instructions on the timetables that had information about brake
systems.  Maybe I have not looked at the older ones that would have such
information.  When I was active in NWHS, the electric locomotives for both
railroads and the coal mines at McCoy, VA had most of my attention.

Sam Holben
Virginian Rail Fan