Hand tinted N&W photo

Sat Dec 19 11:23:55 EST 2020

When the posting about the hand tinted photo by Bruce Fales at Shaffers Crossing appeared, I remembered my photo.  I bought this 11x14 print from Fales at a Gaithersburg railroadiana show about 1980.  N&W's presence in Hagerstown is significant because I was born there and have strong family RR connections with the WM.  I did grow up in sight of the N&W, so I have collected a lot of N&W images at Hagerstown.  This one of train 13 was dated August 31, 1947.  Notice Fales name heat stamped into the print just below the locomotive.  In his lifetime, he probably never dreamed how easy it would be to edit it out.

--Rick Morrison