Wilcoe scale track

Sun Nov 29 12:48:39 EST 2020

Yes, Wilcoe Yard is located near Wilcoe, not Farm and both are in West
Virginia. Alex Schust writes of a 100-ton scale track installed at
Wilcoe in 1905, but by the 1950s, east loads were weighed at Bluefield,
Roanoke or Norfolk and west loads were weighed at Kenova (river coal) or
Portsmouth. To my knowledge, there was no scale track at Farm.

Grant Carpenter