Piggyback Service in the 1950s

Wed Nov 18 10:42:07 EST 2020

While this is certainly not a great image, this is from the Charlie Schlotthober collection of a TTX flat coming into Roanoke from Hagerstown. This is certainly steam era, probably circa 1956 based on the other slides in the box.

N&W did not acquire its own trailers until sometime later, they did lease 30 trailers from the Rail Trailer Company of Chicago, which were depicted in the November 1960 N&W Magazine.

Best
Ken Miller