Where ie this pic taken

Tue Sep 29 15:26:22 EDT 2020

Thanks Jim. However, for some reason there is no Sanborn map for West Jefferson, NC.

Paul Mandelkern

Winter Park, FLorida

Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 12:22 PM
To: NW Mailing List <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org>
Subject: Re: Where ie this pic taken

Here is the link to the on-line Sanborn Maps at the Library of Congress:

https://www.loc.gov/collections/sanborn-maps/

Scroll down and on the left side, under Location, select "More Locations." Once at that page, on the upper left you can select to sort alphabetically.  Note that listings are by states and counties.  Have fun.

Jim Brewer

Thanks Ken.  I have already purchased the second and third items on your
list  from the Archives.  However, the right of way map (item 2) was last
updated in 1943, and I am interested in the track as it existed from the
50's to abandonment in 1977.  The two drawings (items 1 and 3) are also from
earlier dates and do not show the track in downtown West Jefferson  several
blocks to the east of the depot.

Paul Mandelkern
Winter Park, Florida