Waynesboro, VA

Sat Jul 11 14:54:53 EDT 2020

Ken,

I don't really have a track plan; I used N&W track charts as the basis for
layout design, as well as visits to the area, libraries and
historical societies.  I also made a few trips to the Library of Congress
to obtain copies (for free) of Sanborn maps of many, but not all, of the
areas modeled. Apparently, some of the "towns" along the right-of-way did
not warrant a visit from the Sanborn folks.

My layout is based on the Shenandoah Valley route bewtween Hagerstown, MD
and Roanoke, VA. I model the "portion" between Front Royal and Waynesboro,
VA, which roughly parallels the Skyline Drive.  Compromises were required
as they are in every model railroad design.

If the moderator has allowed, I've attached a photo of Luray.

Jim Brewer