Trestle Info Needed

Tue Jul 7 14:34:12 EDT 2020

I don’t have anything on Abingdon Branch, but I am pretty sure the ICC Valuation books for the Dry Fork Branch have photo copies of the trestle plan. Look under Branch Line structures. Bridge No. 2288 over Track Fork is a 1,244.17 steel viaduct. It is 123 feet high at its highest point. Two pictures of the viaduct on pg 126 in NWHS publication, “Dry Fork – Norfolk & Western Branch Line.”

There is a trestle plan for Trestle No. 2 at Maybeury on pg 33 of “Norfolk & Western in West Virginia.” Trestle No. 2 was a 24-span timber trestle that was 467 feet long, 113 feet 3 inches high at Bent No. 12. See HS-CC10501.

Alex Schust